You can also find out about other galleries and museums as well as community and arts groups in Dulwich and South East London below. Contact us at email@example.com to add your organisation.
Community groups and services
- Brixton Market
- Dulwich Festival
- Dulwich Going Greener Voluntary organisation dedicated to reducing Dulwich’s carbon footprint. Come to a meeting.
- Dulwich Helpline Friendly volunteer help and support for isolated older people in Dulwich and neighbouring areas.
- Dulwich Park Friends Working with the council to look after the park. Over 350 families have joined. Take part in Dig the Park events.
- The Dulwich Society Creating a sense of community and awareness.
- Dulwich Library
- East Dulwich SNUB Say No To Plastic Bags and other local environmental issues.
- Women’s Institute, East Dulwich
- Herne Hill Festival
The Arts and museums
- Dulwich Picture Gallery England’s oldest public art gallery.
- Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery Join for events and free entry to the Gallery and its exhibitions.
- SouthLondonWomenArtists.co.uk Free showcase for women artists in Southwark, Lambeth & Lewisham culminating in a series of special lectures and events at Dulwich Picture Gallery in June 2008
- Horniman Museum
- The Dulwich Players amateur theatre group.
- Dulwich Subscription Concerts are concerts given mainly by local musicians, especially young performers at the start of their careers. They are held in Dulwich College Old Library, an intimate venue with great acoustics.
- Dulwich Symphony Orchestra Local amateur orchestra.
Local History sites
- Flying Bombs and Rockets documents WWII bomb damage in the area
South East London film clubs & societies and community cinemas
- South East London Film Clubs Network a website listing the activities of a network of South East London film clubs & societies and community cinemas
- GalleryFilm is the film society of the Friends of the Dulwich Picture Gallery in South London. Showing monthly films with wine and related talks/ prize draws and other fun stuff.
- The Bigger Picture is the newest film club in Dulwich. It’s aim is to offer more than just films but to create a really good evening for everyone who attends. All profits support local charities.
- Brockley Jack Film Club screens contemporary and classic films from around the world.
- Crystal Palace Pictures show the best of independent, world, classic and documentary cinema.
- Deptford Film Club shows very cool foreign language films, British cinema and classic movies.
- Dulwich Paradiso Film Society is a community run film society in East Dulwich, showing quality films at reasonable prices.
- The Hob Film Club screen films exclusively for parents with babies under one year old. Enjoy the latest releases, classics, rom-coms, musicals and special requests.
- Cafe Crema
- The Dulwich Wine Society Join their weekly wine tastings in the Crown and Greyhound
- The Edward Alleyn Club The alumni association for former pupils and staff of Alleyn’s School
- Dulwich Ukelele Club Local band and nexus of ukelele players in South London!
Activities, dance, fitness
- Brockwell Lido Join other users of the Lido to keep it a thriving centre for all the local community.
- Dulwich Croquet Club Local Dulwich Croquet and Sports Club.
- Dulwich Paragon Cycling Club
Local websites and forums:
- East Dulwich Forum
- West Dulwich Forum
- Herne Hill Forum
- SE21 and SE22 magazine are independent local free magazines run by Angela Burgess.
- Groucho-on-the-Rye Fortnightly network evenings for freelance media people in and around Peckham and Dulwich.
- Your Local London a new website and local resource for East Dulwich
- South London Guide Over 30 regularly updated SE & SW London district guide websites to local history, local information (A-Z of best shops & services, restaurants & bars) plus local property.
- Orca Local Dulwich Community focused shop local scheme.
- South London Art Map – a user-friendly guide to galleries in South London. The South London Art Map runs tours and hosts a late night opening of all galleries in south London on the last Friday of every month.
Some of our favourite blogs:
- Salad Club Great food blog by Rosie French and Ellie Grace – Brixonites who cook for a living. DOV article
- Amelia’s Magazine Very stylish arts blog – Amelia has strong views on the arts and climate change. DOV article
- The Great Wen Peter Watts, freelance journalist, Herne Hill resident, writes brilliantly about local and not so local London issues/happenings.
- The Happiness Project London A journey to the Smiley side of London Life by Sasha DOV article
- Spoonfed an insiders guide to London events, exclusive previews and behind the scences at Spoonfed HQ.
- Londonist website about news and events, restaurants and bars, happenings and goings-
on in London.
- Time Out Blog your daily guide to city life, news and culture.