You can also find out about other galleries and museums as well as community and arts groups in Dulwich and South East London below. Contact us at email@example.com to add your organisation.
Community groups and services
- Brixton Market
- Dulwich Festival
- Dulwich Going Greener Voluntary organisation dedicated to reducing Dulwich’s carbon footprint. Come to a meeting.
- Link Age Southwark Friendly volunteer help and support for isolated older people in Dulwich and neighbouring areas.
- Dulwich Park Friends Working with the council to look after the park. Over 350 families have joined. Take part in Dig the Park events.
- The Dulwich Society Creating a sense of community and awareness.
- Southwark Libraries
- Women’s Institute, East Dulwich
- Herne Hill Festival
- Forest Hill Fashion Week
- Peckham Vision
- Brockley Market
- London Vegan Society
- Love West Dulwich Fair
The Arts and museums
- Dulwich Picture Gallery England’s oldest public art gallery
- Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery Join for events and free entry to the Gallery and its exhibitions.
- Dulwich Outdoor Gallery Walls and pavements painted by top international street artists based on works at Dulwich Picture Gallery
- Peckham Platform public gallery dedicated to location-specific artworks made in partnership with the community
- SouthLondonWomenArtists.co.uk Free showcase for women artists in Southwark, Lambeth & Lewisham culminating in a series of special lectures and events at Dulwich Picture Gallery in June 2008
- Horniman Museuum and Gardens A fascinating, family-friendly attraction in South London’s Forest Hill.
- South London Gallery A free contemporary art gallery in Camberwell
- The Dulwich Players Amateur theatre group
- Dulwich Symphony Orchestra Local amateur orchestra
- Jack Studio Theatre Celebrating creativity in Brockley
- Blue Elephant Theatre Showing plays by emerging artists and new work in Camberwell
- Doopo Doopo Art Hub and Gallery in Forest Hill
- Greenwich Theatre
Local History sites
- Flying Bombs and Rockets documents WWII bomb damage in the area
South East London film clubs & societies and community cinemas
- South East London Film Clubs Network a website listing the activities of a network of South East London film clubs & societies and community cinemas
- GalleryFilm is the film society of the Friends of the Dulwich Picture Gallery in South London. Showing monthly films with wine and related talks/ prize draws and other fun stuff
- The Bigger Picture is the newest film club in Dulwich. It’s aim is to offer more than just films but to create a really good evening for everyone who attends. All profits support local charities.
- Deptford Film Club shows very cool foreign language films, British cinema and classic movies.
- Dulwich Paradiso Film Society is a community run film society in East Dulwich, showing quality films at reasonable prices
- South East London Free Film Festivals
- The Dulwich Wine Society Join their weekly wine tastings in the Crown and Greyhound
- The Edward Alleyn Club The alumni association for former pupils and staff of Alleyn’s School
- Dulwich Ukelele Club Local band and nexus of ukelele players in South London!
- Peckham Society Amenity society for Peckham, SE15
- Dulwich and Sydenham Hill Golf Club For all. DOV Article
Activities, dance, fitness
- Brockwell Lido Join other users of the Lido to keep it a thriving centre for all the local community.
- Dulwich Croquet Club Local Dulwich Croquet and Sports Club.
- Dulwich Paragon Cycling Club
- Dulwich Park Run Weekly Free 5km Timed Run
- Southwark Leisure Centres
- Yoga in Forest Hill
- Push Studios Pilates, Yoga and Dance in East Dulwich
Local websites and forums:
- East Dulwich Forum
- West Dulwich Forum
- Herne Hill Forum
- Brixton Urban75 Forum
- Around Dulwich
- SE21 and SE22 magazine are independent local free magazines run by Angela Burgess.
- Groucho-on-the-Rye Fortnightly network evenings for freelance media people in and around Peckham and Dulwich.
- South London Guide Over 30 regularly updated SE & SW London district guide websites to local history, local information (A-Z of best shops & services, restaurants & bars) plus local property.
- South London Art Map – a user-friendly guide to galleries in South London. The South London Art Map runs tours and hosts a late night opening of all galleries in south London on the last Friday of every month.
- Brockley Central The online home for all things Brockley
Some of our favourite blogs:
- Salad Club Great food blog by Rosie French and Ellie Grace – Brixonites who cook for a living. DOV article
- Amelia’s Magazine Very stylish arts blog – Amelia has strong views on the arts and climate change. DOV article
- The Great Wen Peter Watts, freelance journalist, Herne Hill resident, writes brilliantly about local and not so local London issues/happenings.
- The Happiness Project London A journey to the Smiley side of London Life by Sasha DOV article
- Londonist website about news and events, restaurants and bars, happenings and goings-
on in London.
- Time Out Blog your daily guide to city life, news and culture.
- Brixton Blog online newspaper about Brixton
- The Peckham Peculiar A free hyper-local, community newspaper for Peckham and Nunhead.